This course is offered as a two-day course. Participants must attend both sessions to receive certification:
December 29: 5pm – 9pm
December 30: 5pm – 9pm
Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
This training gives you the skills you need to reach out and provide initial support to someone who may be developing a mental health or substance use challenge and help connect them to the appropriate care.
The course will teach you how to apply the ALGEE action plan:
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen nonjudgmentally
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies
This course is only open to participants who live or work in the United States. The course is valued at $170 per person but is being offered to you at the reduced cost of $50/person.
The course requires advanced registration. Participants must register 2 weeks in advance (1 month is recommended).
- Participants must complete 2-hours of self-paced training at least 3 days prior to the course date.
- The 5.5-hour portion of the course is a small group-interactive training. Participants will join via Zoom and should be prepared to be present and actively engaged for the whole course.
- Individual computer with microphone and speakers
- Private room or headphones
- HD webcam
- Internet speed of at least 5 mbps. Test your internet speed at https://www.speedtest.net/
To register, please visit: https://link.waveapps.com/5wezhc-gh72xn